In the recent upgrades of the XMEye app, the issue with numerous advertisements has exploded among the users alongside the fact that there is no XMEye for PC. Most of their satisfactory user experience has been hampered by the new updates that are full of ads that you cannot easily shut down. Such a disturbing feature should have been easier to remove or turn off.
XMEye CCTV APP Overview
XMEye is a remote CCTV surveillance solution made by Hangzhou Xiongmai Technology Co. Ltd., a Chinese company based in Shenzhen. Their mobile application has been in use for years now but there is yet to be a version of the XMEye for Windows PCs app. There is a version for macOS available in the market.
|Manufacturer||Hangzhou Xiongmai Technology Co. Ltd.|
|Operating Systems||Android, iOS and macOS|
|Software Size||42MB for Android, 112.3 for macOS|
How Happy Are the Editos?
When you go by the ratings on app stores for XMEye, many have a fantastic experience using it but many have a few complaints about one feature or the other. We would like to rate it in a bit more detail.
The setup procedure is easy and straightforward and it takes only a few seconds.
The interface is very basic which can easily put some off.
The features are to-the-point and not overstuffed which many would definitely adore.
It gets the job done efficiently without a shadow of a doubt.
Features of XMEye Apk
Like any app on the market, XMEye has a few unique features that set it apart. Many other features can be discovered by downloading the Xmeye for pc app. Listed below are some of the revolutionary features included in the app –
- Cloud Login Support: You do not have to physically be near your device to log in to it. Remotely logging in through the cloud would grant you the necessary access.
- Bidirectional Talk Support: One can talk to the people their CCTV is surveillancing and vice-versa. This is one crucial feature of XMEye.
- Live View Monitoring: You can of course view, monitor or supervise any CCTV feed in real-time.
- Remote Playback: XMEye would grant you the tools to fetch video data from the connected device feed for playback. Doing it locally is easy but XMEte would let you do this remotely from wherever your devices are.
- Picture Searching Feature and Screenshot: This is necessary in case of a security breach that needs solving right away. The intruder’s photograph can be captured and s/he can be searched on the internet or on any database.
- PTZ (Pan–Tilt–Zoom) Control Support: Other smart additions are the features that let you pan for a wider camera view, tilt for better viewer experience and zoom in-out for detailed focusing when necessary.
- Serial Number Scanner and QR Code Available: XMEye allows you to scan serial numbers and QR codes for great efficiency and quick results.
- Manual Searching for LAN Devices: There is a feature that will let you search manually for nearby devices which adds to its flexibility.
- Auto-Update Support: The Auto-Update option would automatically update your software when a new update or version is available in the market.
- IP Address Device Adding: Devices can be added by typing in their IP addresses so that their CCTV footage can be viewed.
- Shake to Search Gesture Control: With the in-built motion sensor technology, you can search for devices with the shake gesture as well.
How to Install XMEye on Your PC?
Though some third-party websites offer PC versions of the XMEye app, there is no officially released software to directly use on PC. You can use the mobile version of the app from the Google Play Store and use the Bluestacks emulator on your PC to convert it to software that can be run on your desktop or laptop.
- The very first step is to download BlueStacks or NoxPlayer.
- Double click on the .exe file to install it on your PC.
- Launch the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer android emulator upon successful installation.
- Go to Google Play Store from the internet browse of your choice.
- Write “XMEye” on the Search Bar there.
- Choose the official app by huangwanshui and click on Install.
- Wait a few seconds when it gets installed on your PC.
- Then, launch XMEye from the BlueStacks or NoxPlayer home screen to start using it.
There is another way to use XMEye on your PC without an Android emulator. Google can guide you through this process.
- Go to Google.com from the browser of your choice.
- Write “Install XMEye for PC without BlueStacks.”
- The first few search results will provide you with direct links to downloadable and installable XMEye software that comes in Zipped folders.
- You download one of these from there and unzip it with a software like Winrar.
- You will find an .exe file extracted from it. Click on it.
- An installation wizard will pop up. Follow the regular step to install this emulated XMEye software.
- Launch it upon completion and start using it right away.
How To Use XMEye?
When you have the XMEye software already installed on your PC, launch it from the Start Menu. The Login page is the first thing to pop up upon launching it on your PC. You will see three options for logging in. They are listed and explained below.
Clicking the “Local Login” will take you directly to the “Device List.” There you choose from the devices nearby. If you opt for this login, you do not need your User ID or Password neither do you have access to the cloud video functions.
If you already have an XMEye account registered through www.xmeye.net, you simply log in with the details. Or you can open a new account on the spot by clicking on “User Register.” With devices saved on the cloud, the user can access them from anywhere with a cloud login. There are three ways to add devices through the application and they are listed below.
To manually add a device, click on the “+” sign at the top right corner of your “Device List.”
Find the “Add Device” option there and click on it. Below is the list of information you’ll have to input for successfully adding a new device to the list.
- Device Name (This can be customised)
- Serial number
- Username (The default username is “admin”)
- Password (Use a secured password)
- Port (Default is “34567”)
As the list is filled in, you are taken back to the “Device List” where you can see that your new device has already been added.
Caution: Please choose a high security password.
Enter the WiFi Configuration interface by clicking the “Quick Configuration” option in the “Add Device” section. Put in the WiFi password and check the “Done” option. When the tips area turns green, click on the “Complete all of the above actions.”
See the green “Monitoring Device” mark and click it to add a new device. There’s an “Edit” button for a couple of extra customization options.
Search for devices in the same Local Area Network (LAN), click the “Search” option at the bottom of the “Manually Add” page.
Launch the app and click the “+” sign at the top right corner of the screen. Click on the “QR Code Scan” option. Point your camera towards the DVR’s QR code and it’s added to your device list.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about XMEye For PC
Can I use the XMEye app on my TV?
Ans: Yes, you can. You just have to transfer the app on your pendrive and put it on your Smart TV and install it. Easy!
Is using XMEye on PC without BlueStacks any good?
Ans: It is still the same app only emulated but downloading a secured one is advised.
Can I see feeds from multiple DVRs and NVRs with XMEye?
Ans: Yes, you can add up to 64 devices to XMEye for round-the-clock surveillance.
Popular PC Alternatives of XMEye
There are a few similar apps in the market for remote CCTV surveillance and all. A few of the good-quality alternatives to XMEye are listed below.
- iSpy for Windows
- motionEyeOS for Linux
- AtHome Video Streamer
Although there are a few alternatives in the market, XMEye has been popular with customers for ages. With the easy-to-use and customize features, XMEye adds a different touch of sheer quality and no fuss to the user’s lives. With the above facts and instructions listed methodically, you will be able to decide whether to choose XMEye for pc or not. If you do, you already know what to expect and how to use it.