PSP emulators are used to playing PSP games on any device. There are PSP emulators for both Android and iOS devices. Using these you can play PSP games and enjoy most features of PSP (PlayStation Portable) on your device. In this review, we will look at some PSP emulators that you can use for iOS devices. These are all free and open apps that you can use to play PSP games on any iOS device.
Top 3 emulators for PSP on iOS
In our review, we will discuss a total of 3 emulators. As mentioned earlier these apps are all open-source and free. With them, the limitation that you have in playing PSP games without PSP is overcome. Without any modifications to your iOS devices, you can use them to play PSP. These emulators will simulate all hardware and software for you. You can now easily enjoy the facilities of a PSP on any device of your choice, even a smartphone. These dedicated PSP emulators make getting your favorite games from PSP an easy task.
This PSP emulator can be used on iOS devices with no jailbreak. It is cross-compatible so you can use it for multiple platforms too, not just iOS. It is open source. It has a high-quality user interface and graphics. In order to install this app without a jailbreak, you need a third-party app such as AppValley, BuildStore, or Cydia. You have to launch these third-party apps, whichever you choose, then use them to install PPSSPP. Now it is available for iOS 10 and above too.
- This app runs on multiple operating systems. Windows, iOS, Android, etc.
- Has high-quality graphics and provides full HD resolution. The interface is also very high-end.
- You can transfer your saved game’s real PSP to this emulator, you can pick up games where you left them off and then save their progress. You can also transfer files from your PSP to the emulator.
- Has customizable touch controls.
- You can use extended control as well.
Here is the link to download PPSSPP using the third-party app AppValley. After installing App Valley, you can download PPSSPP.
You can use any other third-party app too if you wish.
This emulator can only be run on jailbroken iOS devices. It is not merely an emulator, it is a frontend for emulators, game engines, and media players. It has a great graphical interface that you can use to play many games. It offers multiple emulators. Recent modifications have made it much easier to use. You can even run original games on CDs using it. Some of its advanced extra features are shaders, rewinding, netplay, next-frame response times, run ahead, machine translation, blind accessibility features, etc.
- You can record your gaming sessions and save them as video files or even live stream them on Twitch. tv or YouTube.
- There are multi-pass shaders that are efficient graphical filters. They have multiple purposes like- to replicate the look of old CRT monitors, to stack them and create a personalized effect, or to improve rendering of old games
- A top-notch interface creates a set-top box-oriented menu. Has multiple background options and cataloging methods.
- Unlock achievements like on classic favorites and unlock badges and trophies like on a modern console.
- Has built-in GUI/OSD system and has remote network sound support.
3. Happy Chick
Happy Chick is an emulator that supports 18 consoles and emulates both in a single application. So, you can play your preferred console game without the game file from visible sources. Happy Chick includes Nintendo DS, SNES, NES, GBA, GBB, DC, MD, PS, PSP, N64, and much more. You can also play Multiplayer online. It is compatible with both iOS and Android.
- It offers cloud support.
- You can save your games and synchronize them.
- It offers thousands of iOS games direct from the app for download. Downloading games can help save storage.
- There is new ROM usage to help iOS devices run advanced games.
- Extra console software to play PSP games on iOS is not needed. You can access classic games like Dragon Ball Z, Pokémon, Super Mario Bros, Final FantasyYou, or GTA. Trendy games like- PUBG and Arena of Valor. You can also customize your gamepad.
Comparative Analysis of The Apps
We have discussed three apps here. PPSSPP is definitely the first choice as an iOS PS emulator. So, we recommend you try to use that first. If it doesn’t work for you, choose from the alternatives. RetroArch is a good option for anyone who is looking for more than just a PS emulator for their iOS. We have mentioned all the additional features that it comes with, the interface, live stream option, multi-pass shade options, and much more. So, it can be a great alternative.
If RetroArch doesn’t work for you or you have difficulties downloading it go for the third alternative, Happy Chick. Happy Chick can be a decent option too, offers thousands of games and has over 18 emulators, and also is compatible with multiple platforms. We hope this review will help you choose the right emulator you need.
So, these are 3 emulators you can use to run PSP on your iOS device. We have discussed their features and basic functionality in this review and provided download links for them. The comparative analysis section will help you compare and select the emulator you need.