Melon VPN is a free VPN (Virtual Private Network) application specially designed for Android and iOS users. The VPN is very popular among teens for bypassing the school’s WiFi. Users can unlock any geo-locked websites or skip the local WiFi network’s restriction and connect to any website they wish. It comes with a very easy-to-use interface and requires no Login or registration.
Melon VPN is 100% free, and that is the main reason for its popularity. This article will review Melon VPN and describe a step-by-step guide to installing Melon VPN in Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
- 1 Basic Information About Melon VPN
- 2 Important Features of The Melon VPN
- 3 How to install Melon VPN
- 4 Alternatives To Melon VPN
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Melon VPN
Basic Information About Melon VPN
- Developers: Lanpiper
- Available Platforms: Android, iOS,
- App Size: 18 MB (Android), 95.2 MB (iOS)
- Requirements: Android 5.0, iOS 9.3.
As it is easy to set up
Very user-friendly UI
The Good: Melon VPN comes with a wide range of proxy servers from different locations. Users can select any location and change their IP while browsing. By default, the app connects the best proxy available, and users can visit any blocked site, and stream videos as they wish. The app does not use any Log policy, and users do not need to Login or register to use the app. The app doesn’t ask for any additional permission from the user.
You May Also Like: DroidVPN Premium – Unblock Regional Internet Restrictions
The Bad: The app shows ads which is okay for any free VPN or smartphone app. But the frequency and length of the ads are annoying, and some users do not like to see ads for a long time each time they try to connect to the VPN.
Important Features of The Melon VPN
A VPN technology connects users to the server, and the server acts as a private tunnel for the users. Using that tunnel, you can browse any website without being tracked. But to visit those websites or stream videos, you have to use bandwidth. Most VPN companies do not provide any free bandwidth for users. You have to purchase bandwidth to visit websites. But Melon VPN offers 100% free unlimited data for users.
Super Fast Server:
Everybody wants to know how many servers VPN software has. We know that is crucial information to know, but the servers’ speeds are more vital as you are going to use one server at a time. When it comes to speed, Melon VPN does a decent job for a free VPN application.
You can seemingly visit any website with great speed with Melon VPN. We streamed some videos with Melon VPN, and the streaming quality was good. ‘Good’ should not be the best word if we hear; we instead say the streaming quality was excellent.
But if you wish to HD or 4k video with this VPN, then we are sorry to say that you can not do that. This is a free VPN, and you can ask for top-quality HD streaming from a free VPN as it takes lots of resources, and nobody can provide it for free.
Safety is one of the primary concerns of using a VPN application. A VPN technology creates a secure tunnel from the user to a server, and users can visit any website using that tunnel. The user’s IP is completely changed when you are using Melon VPN.
Also Check: CM Vpn – Free VPN Proxy Server & Hotspot VPN
Melon VPN is very famous among school students and teenagers. This popularity is because they can browse any website using the school’s WiFi without being traced. However, they are students and not concerned about their safety. It is evident that they can browse safely.
Melon VPN has a strict no-log policy. That means the providers can not see what their users are doing using their service. But all the policies are not disclosed, and their primary source of income is showing ads. So, we can not be 100% sure about their claim for security purposes.
How to install Melon VPN
Melon VPN is available on Android and iOS platforms. But you can still download and install Melon VPN on Windows and Android devices.
- If you are an android user, you must know how to install an app from the PlayStore. Go to the Google Play store and install Melon VPN.
- The app will install automatically.
- Open the app
- Open the app, and you will see a big watermelon on the screen. Tap on it, and the app will connect you to the service.
- You can change the server location if you need it from the list.
- You also can install Melon VPN using an APK file.
- The process is as it is we described for the Android version.
- Install the app from the Apple store and enjoy.
On Windows or Mac PC
Melon VPN is a smartphone app and designed for Android and iOS devices only. However, you can download and install Melon VPN on your Windows and Mac PC with the help of an android app player. We suggest the BlueStacks emulator as you can install it on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- First, download and install BlueStacks on your PC from their official website.
- Install Bluestacks on your PC and double-click on the icon to launch the application.
- After Bluestacks launches, use your Google account to log in.
- Click the “My Apps” icon in the emulator.
- The Playstore will open and write “Melon VPN” in the search bar
- Install Melon VPN just as you do on your smartphone or tablet.
How to install Using an APK file
If you cannot install Melon VPN from the Play store, you can do it using an APK file.
- Step-1: Download the APK file from any renowned APK platform such as APK pure, up to down, etc.
- Step-2: Click on the “My Apps” tab.
- Step-3: Click on “Install APK,” and a file explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) will arrive.
- Step-4: Select the Melon APK file you just downloaded.
- Step-5: The emulator will install the app.
- Step-6: Run Melon VPN on your PC.
Alternatives To Melon VPN
If you can not download and install Melon VPN or simply don’t like the VPN app, you can check any of the following VPN applications.
- Nord VPN
- Express VPN
- Turbo VPN
- Atom VPN
- IP Hide
- Cyber Ghost
Frequently Asked Questions About Melon VPN
How much does Melon VPN cost?
Not a penny. Melon VPN is completely free to use. However, the app shows ads to support its developers, and excessive ads can be annoying sometimes.
Can I Watch Netflix With Melon VPN?
No, Melon VPN can not unlock Netflix. If you need to unblock Netflix or use a VPN from China, we recommend ExpressVPN.
Is Melon VPN Safe?
Melon VPN follows a strict no-logging policy, so, technically they are safe. But as the company’s primary income source is showing ads, we can not say for sure that they won’t use our data for business purposes. Moreover, they don’t provide a straightforward document of their security policy.
Melon VPN is a top-rated VPN app for smartphones. However, the app is only for smartphones; you can still use it on your PC using an app player. You will get unlimited bandwidth with this VPN app at no cost. We hope our review and setup guide helped you download and install Melon VPN on your devices.